Saturday, July 2, 2016


I just got back from a conference in Boston.  What an amazing city!  Boston you stole my heart.

This week was the first time in a really long time that I was relatively anonymous.  Other than my two coworkers who traveled with me, no one knew my story.  No one felt sorry for me.  It was pretty freeing.

I met this really cute guy there who flirted shamelessly with me.  I flirted back a little, because why not?  It was weird.  Really, REALLY weird.  But it was also good.  I think more than anything it was a reminder men are going to be interested in me, and one of these days I'm going to be interested right back. I really think I had convinced myself that I would never feel attractive or attracted again.  I was ready to order the Crazy Cat Lady starter pack.

(And now, because I'm still a good little Catholic School girl at heart I feel the need to make it very clear that nothing happened beyond flirting.  I'm not ready for more than that just yet.  But you know what, if I had wanted to make out under a full moon in Boston I totally could have.  So there.)

Anyway.  Thank you Boston.  I think you helped me find my mojo.


No comments:

Post a Comment